Using Facebook on Roku
Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms. Almost every time you go online, you have a Facebook account. Facebook allows you to upload and share your photos, videos and thoughts with your friends. Not only can you send messages, but you can also make calls (audio and video) to your friends and watch different videos.
Watch the video, What better device to watch a video than a Roku if you have Roku devices. But it’s not as easy as you thought. If you like your Netflix feed, you can easily add it with the Add Channel button. If there is no official channel, you can use an unofficial one, for example add Twitch on Roku.
However, there is no official or unofficial application for Facebook. So you can’t use Facebook on Roku. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to watch Facebook on Roku, we’re going to share with you how to watch Facebook videos on Roku.
How to use Facebook on Roku
As mentioned earlier, there is no official or unofficial Facebook channel for Roku, so we have to use the screensharing method. Not sure what the screen sharing method is? His screen mirrors from your mobile phone or PC to your Roku device to watch Facebook videos.
If you don’t know how to mirror your device to Roku, follow the steps below.
Pay attention: Not all Roku devices allow image mirroring. The devices listed below can only display the screen.
- Roku Express: Supported on the 3900 (introduced in 2017), andnoton the 3700.
- Roku Express+ : On the 3910 (introduced in 2017) image mirroring is only supported on the HDMI output, on the 3710 it isnot , and on the 3910 it isnoton the composite or A/V output.
1. Upgrade your Roku to the latest version
First, you need to update your Roku device to the latest version so you can share your device with Roku to watch videos on Facebook. If you haven’t updated your Roku device, you may be experiencing the problem we encountered with Netflix and discussed in a previous article. To update Roku to the latest version, follow these steps.
- Go to the Roku home screen and from the home screen navigate to the settings screen. Facebook on Roku – Software update
- Once you start setting up, you enter the system. Facebook on Roku – System Setup
- On the system, go to System Updates and check for updates. If you see an update, update your Roku device. Once your system is updated, you can proceed to the next step.Facebook on Roku – Latest version
2. Mirror your device to use Facebook on Roku
Once you have confirmed that you are using the latest version of your Roku device, you can share/mirror the screen of your Roku device. Follow the steps below to reproduce the camera:
- Go to Roku’s home screen, and then to settings. If you’re within the parameters, you’ll see something like this. Facebook on Roku – Software update
- Go to System in Settings. How we walked through the system update check. Facebook on Roku – System Setup
- Go to the Mirrored System Screen section, located just above the System Upgrade option.Facebook on Roku – Mirrored screen
- On the right you will see the different options Prompt, Always Allow and Never Allow. You can see what happens if you select one of the options at the bottom right of the screen. If you are comfortable, we recommend that you select the Always Allow option to make screen mirroring faster and easier in the future.
Now that we have configured our Roku device to mirror the screen, the method of mirroring the screen is different for different devices. We’ll start with Android.
Roku screen mirror for Android
It’s easier to mirror your Android device to watch Facebook videos on Roku than on other devices. If you are using an Android version higher than 4.0 and it is not, for example, a Google device with OS 6.0 or higher. B. Google Nexus or Pixel, the screen is mirrored by pressing the button integrated into the screen. You can see one of the buttons below in your android:
- An intelligent vision
- Fast connection
- AllShare Cast
- Wireless Display
- Screen mirror
- HTC Connect
If you click on any of the buttons below, you’ll see a list of your Roku devices, just click on them and you’re good to go. The screen is displayed on the Roku device.
Roku screen mirror for iOS:
If you are using IOS, the screen mirroring option is slightly different. Follow the instructions below to mirror the screen from iOS to Roku and display Facebook on Roku.
- Download the Roku IOS application from the App Store using this link.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the application on your IOS device, open it.
- After opening the Roku application, tap the Media button on the application toolbar.Facebook on Roku – Mirror screen
- Once you have clicked on the Media option. For the window sill, see Connecting. Just click on the link and that’s it.
Now that you’ve managed to reproduce the Android or iOS screen to Roku. Open Facebook on your device and watch Facebook videos on the Roku.
Although Facebook is not available for Roku, we can use Facebook on Roku. There is always an alternative. If you want us to publish such an article, we will try to show you a different way to do things or solve different problems you are facing. Then leave a comment to support our work.
Post Views : 0
roku facebook live, facebook on tv, how to watch facebook live on tv, screen mirroring roku, facebook watch tv app, facebook watch app, cast to roku, facebook on smart tv