This is a very detailed tutorial that suggests different ways to use the character per thousand (‰) anywhere on your PC, for example in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, whether you are using a Windows or Mac keyboard. You will learn all the simple methods, including the Per Mille Alt key combination.
Without wasting time, let’s get started.
Quick start guide per mile (‰)
To enter the one per thousand symbol anywhere on your PC or laptop (e.g. in MS Word or Excel), press Option + 0089 for Mac. And if you’re using Windows, just press the Alt key and type 0137 using the numeric keypad on the right.
To enter this character in MS Word, simply type 2030, highlight it, and then press Alt + X to get the character by mil.
The following table contains everything you need to know to enter this character in Windows and Mac.
|Name Symbol||Draw per mill|
|Symbol Code Alt||0137|
|Short overview for Windows||Alt + 0137|
|Abbreviation of Mac||Variant + 0089|
|Short description in Word 1||2030, Alt+X|
Read more about Per MilleEntering characters
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, the above information is sufficient to write the sign of promise in a Word/Excel document.
However, if you are not satisfied with this quick help, read the following, as I will explain to you in detail how to get the Per Mille icon or any other icon anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC, such as in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
As you may already know, there are several keyboard double-keys that are compatible with both Windows and Mac. That is, there are characters on the keyboard that are easily accessible as secondary keys. By simply pressing two or more keys at once, you can easily insert these characters into your work. If you z. B. Press Shift + 7, the ampersand (&) is displayed.
However, the other characters are not printed as a second key on the keyboard. It makes it harder to hit. One of these symbols is the mill symbol (‰).
Typing becomes very difficult for you if you regularly have to insert some of these characters into your work.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially as you read this step-by-step guide.
Insertion per mile in Word/Excel
In the following paragraphs, I will show you all the easy ways to type or paste this symbol (Per Mille – ‰) anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC (for example, in Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
In a few minutes, I will explain some methods you can use to get Per Mille (‰) and any other symbols.
For quick reference, press the Alt key and enter the letter code 0137 on the numeric keypad. You can also press Option + 0089 on a Mac.
However, the methods are explained in detail below without going into further detail.
1. Key combinations by symbol (Windows and Mac)
Brief description of the Per Mille symbol for Mac – Option + 0089.
There are several keyboard shortcuts in Windows, some of which only work in Microsoft Word.
However, there is a Windows shortcut for the Per Mille sign that works in all applications. This is a key combination called Alt+0137 (discussed in the next section).
Key combination for the per thousand symbol in Microsoft Word – 2030, Alt X. Works only in Microsoft Word.
To use it on Windows (for Word), follow these instructions:
- Place the cursor at the desired location.
- Enter 2030 with the keyboard and press Alt + X.
The numbers are then converted to the sign per thousand where you placed the insertion point.
Below is a decoding of the use of the per mil symbol for the Mac:
- First, place the cursor where you want to insert the character.
- Now simultaneously press Option + 0089 on the Mac keyboard.
This key combination should insert the icon for you on your Mac PC.
In the next section, I’ll show you how to use the alt code of the symbol per thousand to enter a character on the keyboard.
2. On the alt code of the Mille varnish (for Windows)
Symbol Per Mille (‰) Symbol Alt code 0137.
Each symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert the symbol into your document. This code is also called the alt code.
Below are the steps for entering this character on the keyboard (using the Alt code shown above):
- Press the numeric keypad lock key to activate the numeric keypad. Use Fn + NumLk to enable the numeric lock on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Hold down the Alt key and enter 0137 using the numeric keypad.
- After entering the Alt code (e.g. 0137), release the [Alt] key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, the number-per-mil symbol (‰) should appear in the document.
3. Copy and paste the characters Per Mile
Use the button below to copy and paste the Per Mille icon for your work.
My preferred method for pasting characters is copy and paste.
With this method, all you have to do is type the character you want to type into Google and copy it from one of the search results. Once you have pasted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it again whenever you need to.
Use the button above to place this character in your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this character and any other character in Windows. This is due to the use of the Windows character statement.
Follow these steps to copy and paste any character using a character map.
- Find the Drawing Board application by pressing the Start button.
- The Character Map application appears in the search results. Click on it to start it.
- Once the drawing board window is open, click on the Preview checkbox to enlarge the window and get more options.
- Under Additional View, type in the search field Per Millet.
- The symbol you are looking for (i.e. the symbol per mile) now appears in the symbol map. Double-click it to select it. You will see the icon appear in the Symbols box for copying text. This allows you to select and copy multiple characters at once.
- After selecting the character you want to copy, click the Copy button.
- Go to where you need the symbol, whether in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint, and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
This allows you to copy and paste one character per thousand using the character map in Windows.
4. Using the dialog box for inserting characters
This approach is not as simple as the quick methods. But it’s very simple.
And once you’ve inserted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it whenever you need it in your work.
Here are the steps for inserting the character by million in Word using the Insert Character dialog box.
- On the Insert tab, click on the Symbols button and select More Symbols ……
With these few clicks the dialog box with symbols appears.
- Find the character you want to insert.
To easily find the symbol in the symbol window, look at the bottom of the dialog box and type 2030 in the symbol code: on the field. The character to be inserted per thousand is selected after entering the code.
- Click on the Insert button.
It is also possible to double click on a symbol to insert it into the document.
For example, you can insert one character per thousand in a word dialog box.
As you can see, there are several ways to insert or enter characters per million in Word/Excel, with or without a keyboard.
My favorite method is copy and paste, followed by shortcuts. The alt-code method is also simple.
If you have any comments or questions about this board by mile guide, please send them to me in the comments below.
Thanks for the read.
per mille symbol keyboard, per mille symbol in excel, per mille symbol keyboard mac, per mille symbol in word mac, per mille excel, excel per mille format, per ten thousand symbol, per thousand symbol m