Posted on the 29th. January 2021, in iOS.
For iPhone or iPad users, it’s nothing new that their gadgets turn off after a certain amount of time when they try to wake up their device. It may have been the children who tried to open the device several times without success. Or maybe you’re the one who changed the access code and you don’t remember. Basically, iOS freezes or shuts down your device if it detects too many wrong attempts to wake your iPhone or iPad. Once your iPad or iPhone is unplugged, it’s pretty hard to get into the interface right away. Whether you remember the correct code or not, on Apple devices you cannot enter the code.
The consequences can lead to the permanent shutdown of your Apple gadgets due to data loss scenarios. So let’s dive into the reasons and methods for restoring your iPhone and iPad that got disabled.
Why is your iPad or iPhone disconnected?
According to iPhone repair experts, an iPhone or iPad usually shuts down after 6 failed attempts. If you use the wrong password six times, iOS sees it as a threat. iOS assumes that a stranger is trying to break into your devices and secretly retrieve data from your iPhone. If you don’t remember that it was you who gave the wrong password and configured your iPhone incorrectly, then it must be your kids.
Here’s the full list and the date your iPhone or iPad was disconnected.
- 6 fake attempts to disconnect iPads and iPhones for one minute.
- If 7 incorrect code attempts are made, the iPhone or iPad will go into a deactivation state for 5 minutes.
- It can take up to 15 minutes if you made 8 bad monsters.
- Additionally, you can expect the iPhone to offer a code entry field for one hour after more than 9 attempts.
- And after ten failed attempts on the iPad or iPhone, the gadget goes off for good.
So clearly, your iPhone or iPad is safe until you make ten failed attempts. According to iPhone repair experts, you may notice a warning: iPhone not connected. Connect to iTunes. For the iPad, the message is somewhat similar.
How do I unlock a disabled iPhone?
However, the solution to this tragedy is listed on the device, namely the connection to iTunes. This is not the only way to rescue Apple devices from such a critical situation. We talked about all kinds of solutions to bring your iPad or iPhone into the digital mainstream. It would be best if you have a backup of all data stored on your iPad or iPhone. Let’s make the corrections.
Connecting to iTunes
If you want to pass the gadget via PC, you can just choose this method. However, make sure not to upgrade your PC to Catalina if you have a Mac device. Here’s what you need to do to be sincere when backing up iTunes :
- Connect the iOS device to the computer with a USB cable. It should explore iTunes immediately if not started manually.
- In the iTunes interface, locate the iOS device connected to the computer. It should be somewhere on the left side of the screen. You can view all the information about your iOS device.
- You need to select the Save now option to start the synchronization.
Here’s the trick. If your iOS device responds to sync, you may be able to enter the passcode on your device. There you go! You don’t have to go through the whole backup and restore process.
Restoring from iTunes
If the previous tip didn’t help, restoring your Apple device with iTunes can work wonders. As a safety measure, have the most recent backup files of the iOS device handy. This fix destroys the information stored on your iOS device and if you don’t want to lose it from your iPad or iPhone, you need to backup it. You must now observe the following rules:
- Connect the iOS device to the computer with a USB cable. Explore iTunes if it does not appear automatically.
- Select the iOS device in the upper left corner. Press Continue and select Restore iPhone or Restore iPad.
- Read the instructions on the PC screen. This will restore your device, but all data on the device will be erased.
- Your iOS device will look like new again. For better synchronization, download the latest backup files from iTunes or iCloud.
Using My iPad or iPhone Search
If you want to avoid these tantrums and are not afraid of losing data on your iOS devices, then this is the solution for you. This option resets your iOS device to factory defaults. It also does not require iTunes or connecting the iOS device to a computer. Fortunately, this also works for devices with deleted iOS configuration. However, it only works for iOS devices registered in the iCloud.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Look for the My iPhone option.
- Then select the device and proceed to erase the iPhone. For the iPad, it would be Delete iPad.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to establish a secure connection.
Everything will be erased from your device and you can easily connect to your iPad or iPhone. You can also synchronize your device with the latest backup plan.
Changeover to the valuation technique
If you have never connected your iOS device to your PC before, recovery mode is the best choice. On the other hand, an iCloud backup can save your life if you have one for iOS devices. So escape an iPad or iPhone that’s not connected with the following guide:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave it connected to the PC. Press and hold the sleep button to turn off the iPad. Then you have to move the power slider.
- When you press and hold the Home button, you must connect the USB cable to the iPad. He turns on the iPad. Do not remove your finger from the Home button until you see a message that says Connect to iTunes.
- iTunes was able to detect the iOS device in recovery mode. Continue with OK and then Restore.
- You should check the instructions on the screen. In addition, the device must be configured. If you have backed up to iCloud, you need to select the Restore option from the Backup menu.
Finally, you should stick to the latest backup version to successfully restore your disconnected iPad.
- Connect the device to your computer and explore iTunes.
- Forced iPhone reboot. If you have an iPhone 6 or older model, press and hold the side or top buttons and the Home button until the Apple logo appears. This will force your device to go into recovery mode.
- If this is an iPhone 7 or similar device, press and hold the volume button and the side or top buttons simultaneously.
- On newer models, press the volume button quickly up and then down. You must then hold down the side button to enter recovery mode.
- Once iTunes detects that your iPhone is in recovery mode, you need to restore your device from iOS.
This may take some time. However, once you are done, you can set up your iOS device and download the latest backup.
Well, I mean…
The lesson to be learned from this is that recovering a disconnected iOS device is not an easy task. So prepare your backups and set a simple but strong password for your iPad and iPhone. Make sure you don’t mix up your Apple ID and password. Don’t forget to childproof your iOS devices, too.
Also read :
frequently asked questions
How do I fix my iPhone being turned off after entering an incorrect password?
Is the iPhone turned off? How to repair with or without connection to …
Why does my iPhone say my password is incorrect?
Causes of iPhone error disabled Other times, the message will prompt you to try again after 5 minutes or connect to iTunes. The reason is almost always the same: An incorrect password has been entered too many times. … The devices can be configured to clear data after 10 attempts to enter incorrect passwords.
How do I get my iPhone out of shutdown mode?
How to unlock an unplugged iPhone, even if you forget …
iphone disabled with correct passcode, how to reset disabled iphone without itunes, iphone wrong password 10 times, iphone disabled how to unlock, iphone disabled bypass, how do i get my iphone out of disabled mode, how to unlock a disabled iphone without itunes or icloud or computer, how to reset iphone without passcode and computer